They say they want a revolution
shoppers surveyed in 25 countries
buy products online weekly or monthly
agree that their mobile phone will become their main purchase tool
Social media reviews and comments influences their online shopping behavior
1. To understand future global shopping behavior, look to China. Our historical data shows that what China was doing several years ago, today’s consumers across the globe are doing.
2. We may live in the age of value-but price is still king. Years of slow global economic growth have resulted in a value dynamic, and affordability is important in every income bracket, in virtually every country, across every age group.
3. Store traffic doesn’t matter as much as overall customer conversion across channels. Customers are voting with their feet as they shop more online, and for multi-channel retailers that means the need for an increasingly focused, curated and engaging brick-and-mortar store experience that creates maximum conversion—no matter what channel ultimately records the purchase.
4. Retail talent (finally) matters. Ever-more sophisticated customers want employees who can enhance the brickand- mortar store experience: associates with the product knowledge, technology knowhow, and people skills.
5. Mobile devices have turned the corner as purchasing tools. Mobile commerce is now firmly on the march toward becoming the online shopping tool of choice.
6. Today’s consumers look to community. A deeper connection with retailers via customer “communities” is apparent as consumers pick up on the perks of membership.
7. Social media is the “great influencer.” Customers are relying on social media—in addition to their family’s opinions, advertising messages, and media coverage—to make product decisions and gauge brand authenticity.
8. There is room for retailers to grab the “leading innovator” mantle. While consumers see plenty that is innovative about their favorite retailer, very few retailers qualify as “leading innovators” in shoppers’ minds.
Retail and Consumer Industry Leader
Tel: +90 212 326 6061
Advisory Services Leader
Tel: +90 212 376 5302
Tax Services Partner
Tel: +90 212 326 6082