This part of the privacy statement explains why and how personal data is collected in recruitment operations.
If a job application is successful, a series of checks, including criminal record checks, are carried out as part of the hiring process.
Collection of personal data
As described below, personal information shall be collected in relation to recruitment.
Much of the personal data collected during the recruitment process is provided by the candidate:
- contact information (name, personal e-mail, address information, phone number),
- interests, association/foundation memberships,
- username and password to apply for a role,
- CV, experience, education, academic and professional qualifications;
- information provided in interviews and assessments,
- information about social mobility as part of recruitment practices,
- information required for diversity and equality opportunities,
- if the application process is successful, pre-employment screening information,
- if the application process is successful, financial relationships of the candidate and their family (e.g., information collected to meet legal requirements arising from auditor independence),
- if the application process is successful, bank account information,
- information about the candidate collected from social media for recruitment campaigns.
Personal data is generated during recruitment operations below:
- Interview and assessment results and feedback; and
- Offer details.
Personal data is obtained from the following third party sources:
- persons submitted as references,
- (if available) information obtained from candidates references,
- confirmation of the information candidates provide received by contacting third parties (e.g., previous employee or school) and through publicly available resources (e.g., to confirm experience, education or skills).
For more detailed information about cookies used on the PwC Turkey website, which may be visited to apply for jobs, please click here.
Processing of personal data
PwC Turkey processes personal data to attract and secure the best talent to work with it as follows:
- to identify and source talent including by searching our existing talent pool and publicly available sources (such as social media and job websites of which you are a member).
- to process and manage applications for roles at PwC Turkey, evaluate you for open positions that match your interests and experience throughout the PwC network, manage your candidate profile, send you email notifications and other announcements, request additional information or otherwise contact you about your candidacy.
- to screen and select talent by evaluating your suitability for employment with PwC Turkey, including through interviews and assessments and conducting background checks.
- to hire and onboard talent by making an offer to successful applicants and carrying out pre-employment screening checks.
- to carry out statistical analyses, including how PwC Turkey’s career website is used and demographic analysis of candidates; to produce reports about PwC Turkey’s hiring activities and analyse channels for finding candidates; and to generate reports,
- to manage the career website and notify candidates about careers at PwC Turkey,
- for other purposes stated when providing information to PwC Turkey.
Criminal records are checked for the purposes below:
- to assess whether a person is fit to work at PwC Turkey,
- to carry out pre-employment screening including a full background and criminal records check, depending on the role: (i) to establish whether an applicant has committed an unlawful act or been involved in dishonesty, malpractice or other seriously improper conduct; or (ii) to comply with government and public sector clearance requirements.
Information about health are obtained and processed:
- in cases where stipulated by law,
- to comply with legal obligations related to reasonable reviews (e.g., results of medical examinations before hiring),
Personal data processed in relation to recruitment activities are transferred to the following:
1. Other PwC Member Firms
Personal data is transferred to the PwC company that announces the job vacancy, or to other PwC member companies if the vacancy provides an opportunity to work with other PwC member companies or when the PwC company making the announcement needs support with the hiring process (e.g., if a PwC company is hiring for a position that matches a candidate’s interests and experience).
To see the countries where PwC Member Firms are located, please click here.
2. Third party institutions that provide applications/functions, data processing or IT services to PwC Turkey
In the hiring process PwC Turkey use the products and services of the third party companies. The products and services used vary depending on the vacancy the candidate applies for.